You will agree that getting a project management certification of any kind is not a piece of cake. While there is a pre-defined criterion which you should meet, you also have to put in a lot of man hours to work on projects for the certification and eventually clear tests. Putting in so much efforts and investing so many hours does make the project management worth it.
Let’s quickly glance through some of these benefits which will give that perfect kick to your adrenaline:
* Competition is increasing in every sector and there is a need to differentiate and to stand out of the crowd. Having a certification earned and listed on your resume definitely gives you an edge over other candidates in any interview. Certifications also help in better salary negotiations.
* Most of the job requirements posted these days specify that an additional certification will be a plus point or the candidate is likely to have a desirable profile which may suit the requirement.
* You will get opportunities to create network with other candidates. When you go for any certifications, you get the opportunity to meet other candidates which in turn enhances your connections.
* Once you clear the exam or the course and have the certificate in your hand, you will have that feeling of pride in yourself which bolsters your confidence. This confidence in turn cascades in your personal and professional life as well.
* Sometimes, the problem around us is of such a nature that it takes time or effort to get resolved. Certifications help give you some tools which you can use and apply to reduce the turn-around time and sort out these issues effectively.
* When you undergo any certification, you meet different people from different industries and get to know their ideas and their ways of working. Additionally, any certification course will make you think outside the box and also expose you to new ideas. All these blend nicely to develop the leader in you.
* Certifications help you in mentorship. Mentoring someone does not necessarily mean that a hands on experience should be required. The academia of certification courses is strong enough to enable you to coach someone.
* If you plan to change your career route, these certifications can help you a lot in any plan.
Overall, certifications add something positive to your candidature which is appreciated not only in current job and role but also offers a red carpet platform for future propositions.